The Victims Services Advisory Committee (VSAC) of the Criminal Justice Council was established in August 2013, as an adivsory group to assist the CJC Staff in the development of the VOCA-Victim Assistance and the Family Violence Prevention and Assistance (FVPSA) Grant Programs.
Prior to the VSAC, the Victim Advisory Committee served as an advisory committee for the VOCA-Victim Assistance program. The Family Violence Prevention and Services Committee served as an advosory committee for the FVPSA Grant Program. The VSAC works with CJC Staff to ensure funding strategies result in equitable distribution of funds to the eligible organizations (state, local and non-profit/non-governmental) to provide direct services to victims and survivors of crime.
The VSAC reviews all concepts submitted, incorporate CJC Staff recommendations, develop a funding recommendation and submit it to the full Criminal Justice Council for final approval.
The Committee membership selection was based on agency and/or position. Listed below is the membership with the person currently in serving:
- Chair: Hon. Robert Coupe , Commissioner of Corrections
- Vice-Chair: Debra Reed, Director DSP/Delaware Victims Center
- Hon. Charles Oberly, III, US Attorney for Delaware
- Hon. Patricia Griffin, State Court Administrator, Administrative Office of the Courts
- Hon. Matt Denn., Attorney General
- Hon. Brendan O'Neill, Public Defender
- Hon. Rita Landgraf, Department of Health and Social Services
- Hon. Carla Benson-Green, Department of Services for Children, Youth and their Families
- Hon. Vincent Poppiti, (retired), Chair VAWA Implementation Committee
- Cara Sawyer, Executive Director of Victims' Compensation Assistance Program
- Maureen Monagle, Executive Director, Domestic Violence Coordinating Council
- Sue Ryan, Executive Director, Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence