The Criminal Justice Council is pleased to announce a new initiative to support Law Enforcement Officers’ training on topics and issues related to domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking and other violent crimes against women.
This trial program is supported with funding from the “STOP Violence Against Women Formula Grant Program” that the State receives through the Office on Violence Against Women (OVW).
How to access scholarship funds:
- Law Enforcement Officers must complete the “Law Enforcement Officer ~ VAWA Training Reimbursement Request” form.
- The Law Enforcement Officers’ time must be approved by their Department, and will be documented towards the required Match funds.
- CJC Staff will review conference request to ensure the topic and content falls within the STOP Program.
- If approved, the police officer will receive approval notice and advised of the maximum amount available for reimbursement. Additionally, the supervisor will receive a copy of notification.
- CJC Staff will assist the officer in the required documentation that is needed upon return to be reimbursed for travel related expenses.
Please note, all expenses are based on a reimbursement basis. Upon approval notification, CJC staff will provide the police officer with directions and required documentation required for reimbursement.
If you are interested in more information on this Law Enforcement Training Reimbursement Program contact Maureen Monagle: Maureen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Allowable travel and training costs:
- Conference registration
- Airfare or train
- Luggage fees (if applied by airline)
- Hotel room
- Airport/train station parking
- Mileage reimbursement if personal car used (documentation of miles required)
- Other fees may be considered on a case-by-case basis
Per Diem Rates: The CJC will only approve hotel and per diem costs that are defined according to the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA).
Per diem rates may be found at: FFY2014 Per Diem Rates.
The first and last calendar day of travel is calculated at 75% of the daily rate.
Matching Requirement: The officer’s time/salary to attend this conference, on behalf of the department, must be documented as the required matching funds.
The expectation is that the officer will share the information with the department upon return (this can be done during roll call, meetings, etc.).
When appropriate, and if considered beneficial for the State, the CJC may also ask information to be shared to other groups (Police Chiefs Council meetings, the CJC, the DVCC, VAWA Implementation Committee, Victims’ Rights Task Force, etc.).
This will be discussed with the Officer attending the training, Supervising Officer and CJC Staff.
Links to OVW Supported Training and Technical Assistance Providers